WHAT ARE PROPEL IMPACT GRANTS?
With support from Apple, the Propel Impact Grants will create educational experiences and work-study pathways that will align to HBCU courses, degrees, certificates, internships, and more with Propel's Innovation programming.
To be eligible for consideration for Propel Impact Grants, applicants must be:
- Committed to projects that are direct alignment with Propel's mission and vision.
- A Propel HBCU Partner
- Capable of supporting the proposed activities with reasonable assistance from Propel Staff and Partners.
What we fund?
STUDENT CAREER EXPERIENCES
FACULTY AND GRADUATE STUDENT RESEARCH
DEVELOPMENT OF NEW CURRICULAR RESOURCES
PROPELS’ SIGNATURE PROGRAMS
Grant Terms and Requirements
- Max cash award amount: $200,000
- Additional Apple Hardware Toolkit: Based on project needs. May include iPad, Apple Watch, third-party IoT devices, or other hardware.
- Duration: One Year
- Submit Quarterly status reports
- Complete Grantee Project Workbook (iPad / Template Provided)
- Participate in 60 hours of prescheduled mentoring sessions with Industry Mentors
- Submit white papers, project products, publications and documentation
- Attend industry focused conferences and training
Key Round 2 Dates - Propel Impact Grants
PROPEL IMPACT GRANTS: ROUND 2
Propel Health Impact Grants
The Propel Health Impact grant is designed to provide partners with funding to address health disparities, support health related innovation and experiences, and assist HBCU students with their development into the next leaders in health related careers.
Proposed projects should include programming to create research projects in health disparities with an emphasis on data science and machine learning, health related innovation and technology including the use of digital health and IoT devices, or the development of curriculum with the aim of strengthening the talent pipeline for HBCU students entering a career in medicine or health care.
Proposals should demonstrate the following:
- Dedicated staff to accelerate progress for the Health Research and Innovation project.
- A built-in method to measure impact progress toward goals quarterly, set SMART goals/KPIs and leverage Propel's public and private partner to ensure long-term sustainability.
- Integration and use of Apple’s ecosystem for teaching, learning and Innovation.
- Be designed to answer/solve at least one challenge question.
Include a project-based learning experience for HBCU students.
- Use Apple Hardware to integrate technology into project.
If selected, grantees can use funding to:
- Create programs and products to assist in the development of the next leaders of digital health innovation and health related research projects which address eliminating disparities in underserved communities
- Develop real-world student paid-internship programs with project-based learning.
- Provide merit and need-based scholarships, and other students success resources.
- Expenses to support supplies and training for technology requests and upgrades.
Project Description and Mission Alignment | 25 points Innovation Approach | 45 points Strategies to Address Systemic Barriers | 20 Project Oversight and Sustainability I 10 Total: 100